I GOT MY DREAM JOB + MY FIRST JOB INTERVIEW // journal entry post -- my headphones died AND LOTS OF CAPS

September 14, 2017


this post is probably going be a lot like my journal entry last night...which was totally not 4 pages long. XD bc yesterday was well CRAZY. AWESOME. FANTASTIC.ya know what? *grabs journal* 

Dear Journal, I almost don't know what to say. Today has been insane...went to work this morning, feeling excited + fighting the cold, left work around noon, came home, left again for my interview at 1:20, got there a bit early (found books while waiting), then went to the circulation desk at exactly 1:58 to let the librarian know that I was there for my interview. FOR MY INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 is probably one of those days for Julia which will always be remembered...bc you see, IT WAS THE DAY OF MY FIRST JOB INTERVIEW and the best part? ITS MY DREAM JOB. AT. THE. LIBRARY. 



I tried to stay calm and be myself..but if anything, I was mostly thirsty! Some of the questions were easy to answer. Others were interesting.. like "if someone handed you a magic wand, how would you design your dream job?" I thought hard about that one for a moment, and then replied that I'd give the magic wand to someone else bc I like a challenge. At the end of the 40+ questions, I had to fill out at alphabetical and numerical order thing. They told me that they would call by the end of the week to tell me their decision. 

Like, k, the thought of waiting 4 days was okay to me. LEGIT. yes, I was planning on filling those 4 days, but still. I knew I could handle it. probably more than I could what happened next.......

I got home around 4:30 (had to run to the store) and my sister was on the phone. (don't worry, this will mean something in a bit) Well, around 5pm my dad saw we had a voicemail AND IT WAS THE HEAD LIBRARIAN CALLING FOR ME. ALL SHE SAID WAS TO CALL BACK AND I DID BUT SHE DIDN'T ANSWER. I was sooooooooooo disappointed bc I knew that phone call meant something BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT. and, I didn't think I would hear back since it was past 5:30....

that's when I called my bestie to tell her what happened/moan


 THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE GIRL XD XD then..........

MY MOM CAME TO ME WITH THE OTHER PHONE AND I HUNG UP SO FAST ON MY CELL WITH MY BESTIE BC THE HEAD LIBRARIAN WAS ON THE HOME PHONE AND WELL I GOT THE JOB. i still have to wait for my background check..... XD I'm now a full time page. I still can't believe it and MY MIND IS BLOOOWWWNNN. Training will be sometime soon..not sure quite yet when.

I basically go on about how my neighbor brought over 5 boxes of plums and how tired I was and apologizing for my horrible handwriting...

BUT GUYS FOR REALS THO I GOT A JOB AT THE LIBRARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bestie screamed when I told her. My mom got out celebratory ice cream cuz she knows me. My heart keeps pounding cuz I don't believe it yet. I woke up and legit grinned cuz "oh yeah. I FORGOT." #me  My siblings can't wait to check out 5914985010485 books and then dump them back so I have to shelve them all. they joke i'm going to be like this; 


I just really want to thank so many people....so many of you have been praying for my ever since I applied back in July. It means A LOT TO ME. also, thanks to God cuz obv He knows me <3

btw, I am also doing the #7DAYBIBLEDARE (I started Tuesday) wellllllllll, I just caught myself reading a short story my friend sent me LOL SORRY I FORGOT #willstartover 

BUT TELL ME HOW IS IT GOING FOR YOU?!?!?!?!

and my headphones died last night. help.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO WORK IN THE LIBRARY?!?
WHATS YOUR DREAM JOB?

39 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! YAY FOR JULIA!!! *throws confetti* THAT IS SOOOOO AWESOME!! <33333 I've ALWAYS wanted to work at a library, and I've been thinking about applying for a job at one after I graduate next year!!

    - Maddy | littlebitofsunshineweb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THANK YOU !!! *picks up confetti and throws it up again* YOU TOTALLY NEED TO APPLY K!! let me know if you do, and I'll give you pointers if you want XD (cuz I'm totally a pro now *coughcough*)

      Delete
  2. whooohooo good for you! I'm so happy for you! All the congrats *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. srsly you're like the sweetest THANK YOU *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, congrats! I applied as a library page. Twice. And I was rejected. So sad. Live the dream for me, okay girl??

    Those are some intense questions for a position as a PAGE. GoOd GrIeF! Nowadays, you basically have to have 25 years of school and a couple of college degrees just to fill out an application. :P

    Speaking of applications, I was at the car dealership today and a poor old man walked in asking for a job application (they were hiring.) Unfortunately, all the applications were online, which "wouldn't do." He snatched a business card and huffed as he walked out, "No wonder people can't get jobs these days."
    The receptionist and I exchanged an awkward glance before we both burst out laughing. Best car dealership ever. And they gave me cookies. ;)

    Okay. I'm done. :) Congrats, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh man, that's sad!! Will do. I'll be a proud librarian as I shelf 104951485098596327 billion books xD

      lol!! And, I didn't even list some of the others!! They are really just trying to see character I guess. and yesssss, blah.

      hahaha that's too bad they didn't have any printed applications tho! I did mine online and hahaha uhm, I basically learned how to scan XD #juliaisNOTtechy and wwhhhaa cookies?! That's awesomeness there

      heheh!! I was like OOH HI BETHANY!!! so don't worry ;) thank again <3

      Delete
  4. THAT'S SO AWESOME THAT YOU GOT YOUR DREAM JOB!!!! Congratulations, girl!! :)

    ~Liv
    livkfisher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYYYYY I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU CONGRATULATIONS OHMYGOOOODNESSS!!!!! That is LEGIT AWESOME!!!!!
    I think it would be cool to work at a library. <3 My dream job.....ugh, for like, life? Or just you know, when I'm in collage? Well, for a career I want to a professor of creative writing at a college and also be a published author and poet. While I'm in college....I think working at Sephora sounds fun (even though I don't wear makeup lol), or at my local plant shop. (Fealen's Garden.) I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYAYAYAYY THANK YOU!!!!!!! OHMYGOODNESS IM SO EXCITED~
      yes. yes. me too, obv XD XD ooh those are all great. and WORK IN A PLANT SHOP SO MUCH CUTENESS

      Delete
  6. This was one thrilling post to read!!! I was seriously breathless during the whole narrative. I'm so happy that your dream came true. :)

    My dreamiest of dream jobs would be to work on a ranch / be an honest-to-goodness cowgirl who writes on the side. :) Thanks for asking that question Julia; it always feels so good to actually WRITE OUT my dreams. :)

    Have a terrific evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? I can't believe that, but I'm glad. and aww, thanks

      Oh YES. That's a good dream. for real. aww, no prob!!! Glad you answered it <3

      Delete
  7. AHHHH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU JULIA. *screams and flails* So great that the interview went well and you gOT THE JOB. *more screaming* SO EXCITING.

    #7daybibledare is going good for me. *fingerguns* I started day before yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH IM SO EXCITED TOO LIKE IDK WHAT TO SAYYYYY *screams*

      Ohhhh I'm so glad!! I have to start over now lol but hey MORE BIBLE READING

      Delete
  8. CONGRATS!!!!! It is so cool you got a job at a library. You make all of us small bookworms who can't get jobs yet very proud. #bookwormsunite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! oh my goodness gracious you're hysterical xD

      Delete
  9. Whoo, congratulations!! That is awesome! I hope it all goes well, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. I have a feeling you're going to have some great adventures. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't think of that...but man, I might start a library series of things that happen to me at work XD

      Delete
  10. Ahh, congratulations on getting the job!! That's really awesome!
    My ideal job would probably be working at a cute bakery or clothing store... Or something to do with photography. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Natasha!!! IKR I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT
      oh yes! a bakery was something I thought about too but then I saw 4:30 am and I choked o.o

      Delete
    2. Oh yea, the getting up early part would take some getting used to... xP

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, that's so exciting! Congrats Julia! I'm SO glad you got your dream job. I hate it when people are forced into getting a job they disdain because they just have to do something. When you can enjoy what you do, it is SO much better!!
    And eeessh, those interview questions.... I reckon they would freak me out. :P I wouldn't know what to say. (Was it VERY terrifying??) You clearly did very well if you got the job so fast! Wowza!

    My dream job is to perform on stage in musical theatre (or just theatre, even). Broadway would be cool, but we have a "sort-of equivalent" in Australia, and THAT would be amazing, because they tour the country. Buuut, it's the type of dream job that's PREEEETY DREAMYYY. (However, I still play with it. For example, last night, my siblings and I performed a play that I'd written (it goes for an hour!) in front of my family. That was pretty cool. I get so pumped doing stuff like that. And it's THE BEST FEELING when your audience laughs at the jokes and claps vigorously at the end.)
    Oh, or also an inspirational speaker, cause THAT would be pretty cool. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gabby!! and wow, what you said is so right...like I didn't even think about that - thank you for the perspective wake up!
      hahaha!! I am surprised that I was hardly phased by them..guess I really am a nut. (and is wasn't VERY terrifying..more like SORTA lol)

      girl. that is a BEAUTIFUL dream! and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! You wrote an HOUR LONG PLAY AND ACTUALLY PREFORMED IT?!?!?!?!?!?! that is probably the coolest thing I've ever heard of. You should film these for yourself to watch later someday <3
      and uhm me too. *nods*

      Delete
  12. WOOO CONGRATS GIRL! <333 Working in a library is just such a cool job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOOO THANKSSSSSSSS and eeeppp I cannot believe I'm actually going to be doing it XD

      Delete
  13. Congratulations!!! Mmm my dream job would have to be teaching kids in military bases. I would love to travel around, spend time with elementary kids, and teach history/art/English! (Also wedding photography is high on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl that is basically the neatest job I've ever heard of. like. CAN I JOIN YOU!?

      Delete
  14. Yay!! Congrats, Julia! So excited for you!!! I know you'll keep shining your light everywhere you go. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GRACE!! hello!! goodness, thank you and AW YOU SWEET BRO

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your new job!!! working at a library sounds like SO much fun.
    My dream job would be working at an American Girl Doll store. IDK, that just sounds like SO much fun to me. To see little kids' faces light up when they pick out a new doll or item. :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks Lydia!! and YES I CANNOT WAIT TO START
      Heyyy! that's a fantastic dream job! In fact..I never even had thought of that lol! And aww that's like the sweetest <3

      Delete
  16. YEEET YOU GOT IT?!?!?!? *FLAILS AND BOUNCES* THAT'S SO EXCITING. Honestly though your siblings were right about that last gif jsyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUDE I REALLY DID GET IT !!!!!!!!!! *flails way more than you* ya know what, I'm just going to admit it. you guys are probably right.

      Delete
  17. Congrats!!! I am a page at my library too and it is definitely my dream job XD (I think I mentioned that back when you posted about applying) Hope training goes well!!!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praise the Lord! That's super exciting and I'm sure you'll be a blessing <33

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did I never comment on this?? ANYWAY CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER. Working at a library must be awesome. XD

    ReplyDelete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*