The last part...part 4

January 26, 2014

Locked Closet

 
Written by Julia Duffy
 
Part 4




She praised God for her parent’s safety. God had been with them, in good times and bad!
 
“You did a wonderful job on the decorations, Amanda and Abigail! Sorry I didn’t come and help. I just wasn’t in the mood.” Isabel said while sipping on a glass of punch. “Oh, we are so glad you came!” Exclaimed Abigail and Amanda nodded her head in agreement. “I couldn’t miss the 14th birthday of my best friends, could I?” smiled Isabel. “Here, this is my gift for both of you. You will have to share it...I hope you don’t mind,” Isabel lowered her head. The Twins un-wrapped it together, it was too small for a dress, but bigger than a book. It was a light blue picture frame with little decorations all over it. Flowers, birds and butterflies covered it and at the bottom a little Bible verse; “The poor man is hated even by his own neighbor, but the rich has many friends.” Proverbs 14:20 “You two have made me rich!” Isabel said smiling at their glittering faces. “I thought we could all take a picture together, so we will always be together.”
 
“I wish you didn't have to move away!” cried Amanda. “We will miss you so much!” The three girls had been crying all week, ever since Isabel’s dad said he found work in a town... two states away! “I-I” Isabel could hardly speak with so many tears running down her cheeks. “I don’t want to go either, but daddy needs to start over.” Hugs lasted until Isabel got into the car and closed the door. Tears lasted a long way down the road, and two states away. However Amanda, Abigail and Isabel knew that they were together still, just a bit farther away. Letters flew back and forth. They never forgot each another. Every year at the Twins birthday they all went to the little party shop and giggled until the cashier closed the store.    They never forgot how God had brought them together.
 
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Ecclesiastes 4:12





Well, that is the last part of my story. How did you all like it? I feel so blessed that I have been able to share this with all of you! You all have been so sweet and encouraging, and I thank you! ♥


 Love in Christ,
   Julia Ryan♥

6 comments:

  1. Amazing story!!! I loved it! Keep up the awesome-ness!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you liked it!! I will try and keep it up. ;) It is really helpful knowing what people like to read and what they think is boring. I try not to write boring things. I know that I don't want to read a boring book, so I work hard to make my stories interesting. :) Thanks again! I'm so glad that you found my blog, I really enjoy having you read it. ♥

      Delete
  2. You did a great job Julia!!! That is so sad that Isabel had to move away :'( It's so hard when you have to move far away from family and friends. I miss my friends down in Florida, but it is so nice to get a letter in the mail from them ♥ Thanks for the fantastic story!
    P. S. Thank you for nominating me!!!! I can't wait to get a blog post ready to answer your questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know...it was sad to make her move away from her friends. Alas, it was needed...they needed a new start, and besides, they were always together at heart. :)

      Delete
  3. This is so amazing, Julia!! I didn't thought she would move away. Can you imagine being 2 states away from your friends? Or worse, in another country!? Oh, wait... :) Haha! It was so heartfelt, and I especially loved the verse at the end! You did such a great job, I can't wait for more stories!!

    In all sisterly love,
    -Noémie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Noemie!! I don't know why I decided to have her move away. The story just happened that way. :) No! I couldn't imagine being in another country! ;) I cannot wait to share more stories with you all! ♥

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*