Guess what! Part 3! :D

January 22, 2014




Locked Closet
 
Written by Julia Duffy

Part 3




Isabel’s room looked untouched, except for the pile of clothes by her closet door. She had left her dirty clothes by her closet door in the intention of washing them, but she forgot. Now the pile was pushed against the wall as if the door had been opened. Isabel walked over to the door and grabbed the door knob. It was locked. Isabel never locked the door, it was too much of a hassle to unlock it every time she needed something. Isabel quickly ran her finger on top of the trim above the door. Dust went into the air, but no key. Isabel then remembered that because the house was old all of the closet keys were the same. She ran across the hall to her parent’s room, grabbed the key above their door, and then ran back to her closet door in her room. Thoughts ran through her mind as she put the golden key into the paint worn door knob. “What would she find?” The creaking noises reminded Isabel that the door had opened.
 
Twenty-four hours later, Isabel was rejoicing with her parents that all was well. “Isabel, if you hadn’t found us…” Isabel’s mom started, but broke into tears before finishing her sentence. Isabel understood what she meant. All the pieces made sense now. When Isabel was outside, two men had broken into the house wanting everything, anything that was worth even the littlest amount of money. When Mrs. Carson called asking if Isabel could go to the party shop with Amanda and Abigail, she agreed so Isabel wouldn’t come into the house. Just as the men were about to leave Isabel’s dad walked into the house, he had come home early from work. He had lost his job, and because he couldn’t do anything against two men, he had to give in. His own wallet, watch and wedding ring were taken. They both ended up in the closet tied up. Nothing had ever been so scary to Isabel in her life.

To be continued...


I want to thank all of you for your wonderful comments! They are all really encouraging and such a blessing to me. Thank you all and God bless!
Love in Christ,
 Julia Ryan♥






Psalm 28:7...



7 comments:

  1. Wow!! I wasn't expecting that at all! Wonderful job, Julia! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That is my favorite thing when writing a story, I love making the unexpected work! :D Thank you so much, Rachel. ♥

      Delete
  2. This is amazing, Julia!!! I would have never thought that this would have happened! Wow... You threw me for a loop here. :D I loved it! When is your next story coming out? Or, when are you writing a book? I will be in the first line! ;) I was relieved to read that nothing too bad happened to Isabel's parents... Yes, they were robbed and tied up, but it could have been much worse. I cannot wait for the rest of the story!

    You are incredibly talented, thank you for sharing your story with us!!!

    In all sisterly love,
    -Noémie

    P.S: I'm going to give this to mom, dad, and Sara after school so that they can read it! :) They will be impressed, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I really surprised everyone didn't I? :D I finally got time yesterday to sit down and write! I don't have much yet, but I have ideas. :) This book is going to be longer, so it might take a bit longer for you all to be able to read it. Hmm...yes, when it comes to my characters I am a softy. I could never hurt them! :D They are real to me. :) Did you really share it with your family?! Yikes! ;)

      Delete
  3. Great job Ju-Ju Bean :P! Can't wait for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Part 4 will be coming soon!

      Delete
    2. I really look forward to the rest of the story! You should definitely look into having some of your stories published!!! ♥

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*